What is it?
The Child Law Advice Service now offers a schools information service. For a small fee, this service provides school professionals with detailed information about their legal rights and duties.
Our aims are:
- To ensure that school professionals are in full understanding of their legal duties
- To ensure that school professionals are clear on how to implement these legal duties
- To ensure that school professionals are aware of the relevant law, guidance, advice and legislation to rely upon.
Please note the below information pages are for school professionals only
What we offer
We provide advice and information on the following topics:
- Addressing Domestic Abuse in schools
- School security and banning parents from school premises
- Safeguarding children in school
- Dealing with school complaints
- Directing children off site to improve behaviour
- Understanding your school’s Equality duties
- Managing behaviour in school
- Providing education for children out of school
- Dealing with exclusions
- Understanding home education
- Looked after children in schools
- Arranging managed moves
- Understanding the obligations of Children’s Services
- Dealing with parental responsibility disputes
- Understanding school admissions and appeals
- Dealing with school attendance and absence
- Understanding school transport
- Setting a school uniform policy
- Providing for special educational needs
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions
- Supporting pupils’ mental health in school
- Preventing and tackling bullying
If you have any issues accessing your Schools Information Guide following purchase, then please contact the team at email@example.com who will be able to assist you.
What we do not offer
We do not provide:
- A mediation service
- Over the phone or face to face advice
Please note that this is an information service. Our aim is to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on your position.
How it works & fees
You will need to purchase the guide service through PayPal. The charge for this service is £35 for an annual subscription of £2 each per guide.
Full details can be found here.
Terms and conditions
- The Child Law Advice Service is offering a School Information Service to all schools.
- As part of this service we will be offering detailed information pages via our website.
- The fees are £35 for an annual subscription and £2 for a one off guide.
- Our online resources are available 24/7 through a designated School Information Service area.
- We cannot provide representation, give advice face to face or over the telephone or provide a mediation service.
- The information pages are solely for school professionals. If you wish to refer a parent to our service please provide them with our website and/or the relevant telephone number (0300 330 5480 – family calls) (0300 330 5485 –education calls)
- Please note that abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to terminate the call if this occurs.