Bookable Callback Service
The Child Law Advice offers a call back service at a time that suits you (subject to availability) between the hours of 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays and the Christmas period). This is for an advice call of up to 30 minutes at a cost of £25 with a legal advisor. See T&C’s below:
- Our bookable time slots are limited to a period of up to 30 minutes for a cost of £25. The charge for each additional 15 minutes is £10. The adviser will make you aware if you are about to go over the 30 minutes.
- The adviser will call you three times within the allocated time slot. If you do not answer your phone after the third attempt, we will e-mail to make you aware of the missed call back. A refund will not be processed without agreement of the Manager.
- Please note that we cannot contact you if your phone does not receive withheld numbers.
- We are unable to call out to International phone numbers and therefore please ensure that the number provided is UK based.
- We request that you only book one call back at a time.
- A call back will cover all child, family and education law issues that Child Law Advice covers. Please read through our guides prior to booking your call back to ensure we do cover this area.
- Please provide as much detail as possible on your call back form. If the matter is outside of our scope and we cannot assist you, we will email you and will try our best to signpost you.
- Please note that the adviser will need to take your name, address and telephone number prior to providing advice. Please visit our Privacy Notice for more information.
- If you wish for a refund, please contact the CLAS Manager at CLAS@coramclc.org.uk. Please detail your reason for requesting a refund. Please note that a failure to read terms and conditions may result in a refund being refused. Click here to read full terms and conditions.
- If you need to rearrange your call back, please email CLAS@coramclc.org.uk to do this. Please note that it may not be possible to rearrange your call back at the time you require and a list of options will be provided to you. We reserve the right to only rearrange your call back on one occasion and multiple requests may not be facilitated.
- If you have any concerns or queries relating to the call backs please email CLAS@coramclc.org.uk.
How to book a callback
Our call back service is provided by Booking Bug, an external provider. Please select a timeslot for your call back. A pop up window will then appear, please select the 30 minute option. Once you have done this a new pop up screen will appear and you will need to complete all the details necessary. Please make sure your pop up blocker is switched off in order to access this service. Please note payment will need to be processed in order for your call to be booked.
We are only able to offer a limited amount of call backs which are released on a weekly basis. Therefore if we do not have any slots available please keep checking back for the following week. Available slots appear as orange squares.
What we can provide
Up to 30 minutes of free legal advice via email and phone (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) on child, family and education law
Free to view information pages
Detailed How-to guides (fee applicable)
A callback at a time that suits you (fee applicable)
The services of an interpreter if you find it difficult to speak English
Volunteering opportunities if you have a legal background
Insight to influence policy development
What we cannot provide
Our opinion or provide a second opinion
Advice if you have instructed a solicitor or barrister
Advice if the child you are calling about lives outside of England
Legal representation or face-to-face advice
Advice on areas outside of child, family and education law, including child maintenance and benefits
Advice on the merits of an appeal
Advice to professionals in relation to what you should be doing in your professional capacity
Advice to students/professionals conducting research