The Child Law Advice offers a call back service at a time that suits you (subject to availability) between the hours of 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays and the Christmas period).
This is for an advice call of up to 30 minutes at a cost of £25 with a legal advisor.
Please note due to a change in working arrangements we are only able to offer a limited amount of call backs which are released on a weekly basis. Therefore if we do not have any slots available please keep checking back for the following week. Slots appear as orange squares.
Alternatively you can email us or contact our advice line directly.
If you have any concerns or queries relating to the call backs please email CLAS@coramclc.org.uk. Please do not contact Coram Children's Legal Centre's reception numbers as they are unable to assist with queries relating to the Child Law Advice Service.
Please view our terms and conditions prior to booking a call back.
Bookable callback service
- Our bookable time slots are limited to a period of up to 30 minutes for a cost of £25. The advisor speaking to you will advise if you are due to go over the period and will discuss subsequent payment with you. The charge for each additional 15 minutes is £10.
If you have booked a bookable call back our advisor will try you three times within the allocated time slot. If you do not answer your phone after the third attempt we will e-mail you to advise we have tried to call. Money will not be refunded without agreement of the Manager.
Please note that we cannot contact you if your phone does not receive withheld numbers. Please provide us with a number that accepts withheld calls. We are unable to call out to International phone numbers and therefore please ensure that the number provided is UK based.
We request that you only book one call back at a time.
A call back will cover all child, family and education law issues that Child Law Advice covers. Please read through our guides prior to booking your call back to ensure we do cover this area, and to prepare any questions you may have to get the most out of your call.
We will email you as soon as possible once we have received your booking request if we believe your matter does fall out of our scope. Please therefore provide as much detail as possible in your call back details. If we cannot assist you we will let you know and will try our best to signpost you.
- Please note that the advisor will need to take your name, address and telephone number prior to providing advice. Please visit our Privacy Notice for more information.
If you wish for a refund of your bookable slot please contact Gemma Smith, Manager at CLAS@coramclc.org.uk. Please detail your reason for requesting a refund. Please note that a failure to read terms and conditions may result in a refund being refused. Click here to read full terms and conditions.
- We can consider a request for a certain adviser to provide the bookable callback. However, it will not always be possible to facilitate this request due to annual leave, shift patterns etc. Please note that we cannot move a booking to accommodate a request for a specific adviser and we cannot issue a refund in these circumstances.
If you book a call back and it then becomes necessary to rearrange this, please email CLAS@coramclc.org.uk to do this. Please note that it may not be possible to rearrange your call back at the time you require and a list of options will be provided to you. The Child Law Advice Services reserves the right to only rearrange your call back on one occasion and multiple requests may not be facilitated.
We cannot assist you if:
- You have a solicitor/barrister instructed in your matter
- You reside outside of England
- You are calling in relation to an appeal
- We can only provide very limited advice in relation to independent schools
- You are calling for a second opinion
- You do not provide a name, address and telephone number
Please note that abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to terminate the call if this occurs.
Using the service
Our call back service is provided by Booking Bug, an external provider.
Please select a timeslot in orange for your call back. A pop up window will then appear, please select the 30 minute option.
Once you have done this a new pop up screen will appear and you will need to complete all the details necessary. Please make sure your pop up blocker is switched off in order to access this service.
Please note payment will need to be processed in order for your call to be booked. Please make sure your phone receives withheld numbers and that you have read through all the relevant information pages on our website so that you are prepared for the call.