- family or child law the number is 0300 330 5480.
- education law, the number is 0300 330 5485.
The demand for both lines are high and the funding we have in place is limited. We are only able to answer a limited number of calls. We would therefore ask you to carefully read through all the relevant available information provided on this website and only contact our intensive support telephone lines with genuine, clarifying questions on the information provided and email us with your query if your matter is not of an urgent/safeguarding nature.
Please view our terms and conditions prior to contacting our service.
Please do not call Coram Children’s Legal Centre’s main reception line. You will not receive advice on this phone number and you will not be able to reach an adviser through this number and should instead call our advice line or complete an email request form.
- are available Monday – Friday between 8am to 6pm
- can only advise residents of England
- cannot advise without the name, address and telephone number of the caller. Please view our Privacy Notice for further information.
- cannot advise if you have legal representation
- cannot advise if your matter falls outside of the remit of child, family or education law.
- cannot provide advice on financial matters including child maintenance
- cannot advise on the merits of appeals
- cannot help students/professionals with research projects. Our staff are extremely busy and do not have the spare capacity. We would request that you view the pages of this website for information
- abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to terminate the call if this occurs. Our staff will also not tolerate bad language being used during an advice call.
Cost of calls
The Child Law Advice service operates an 0300 number which costs no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages. Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 8p and 40p per minute.
You can also book a callback from a member of our legal team, which is a paid-for service. Please see here for full details of how this works.
To leave feedback about our services, please use the form on our feedback page.
If you find it difficult to speak English, call us to connect to an interpreter. We have access to interpreters in 150 languages through Language Line.