Service standards for the Child Law Advice Service
- The Child Law Advice Service is a digital first service. We strongly recommend reading through the legal information pages prior to calling the advice line with clarifying questions.
- Our advice lines are available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our website is available 24/7. Our webchat service is available Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm.
- We are closed on bank holidays and during the Christmas period.
- We aim to answer your call within 30 seconds of you getting through.
- We aim to respond to email enquiries within five working days.
- We aim to respond to webchat once you have got through to an adviser within 30 seconds.
- We aim to respond to webchat within 30 seconds once you have connected to an adviser.
- The Child Law Advice Line is an extremely busy service. A few attempts may be required to get through to an adviser. We strongly recommend reading through the legal information pages prior to calling the advice line.
- If you find it difficult to speak English, call us to connect to an interpreter. We have access to interpreters in 150 languages through Language Line.
- We welcome calls from textphone users via Typetalk.
- Please note that calls to the Child Law Advice Service are not recorded.
- For our full Terms and Conditions please click here
Please note that abusive behaviour towards our staff will not be tolerated and we may reserve the right to terminate the advice session if this occurs.