Search Results for: parental responsibility

Results 21 - 30 of 102 Page 3 of 11
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

Section 20 accommodation

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 12th June 2015

This page provides information on the duties of the Local Authority to provide accommodation to children under the age of 16. It includes information of how the Local Authority will assess a child and the types of accommodation that can be provided.


Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This page explains the law on deciding where a child is to live including the different types of living arrangements and explaining the family court orders for residence.

Contact with a child in care

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 24th June 2015

This page explains the law surrounding contact with a child who is looked after, including how to apply for contact with a child in care and what the court will consider.

Special Guardianship

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 16th July 2015

This page explains the situations where Special Guardianship might be appropriate to secure the long term arrangements for a child living with a person other than their parent. It explains the assessment process and support available.

Information pages

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 23rd May 2015

Abduction Accommodation for under 16s Adoption Advocacy Bullying Changing a child’s surname Child abuse Child Protection and the role of Children’s Services Child Protection Case Conference and Child Protection Plans Complaints to Academy Schools Complaints to Independent Schools Complaints to Maintained Schools Complaints to Schools Contact Contact with a child in care Direct Payments Disability discrimination in education Domestic abuse Education for children out of school Family and Friends Care Family mediation Hearings in the Family Court Home alone Home education Homelessness Litigants in Person  Local Authority duties towards children Parental responsibility Private fostering Residence School admissions School attendance and absence…

Adoption (non-agency)

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 17th August 2018

This page explains the legal process of non-agency adoption which involves placements that have not been arranged by a local authority or registered adoption agency. It explains who can adopt a child, what is process in order to apply for non-agency adoption and post-adoption contact.  What is non-agency adoption Non-agency adoption is the name given to adoption applications which involve a child who has not been placed with the prospective adopter by an adoption agency.  The principal categories of non-agency adoption are: Step-parent adoption (application by the partner of the parent of a child) Applications by local authority foster carers Applications…

Removal from Jurisdiction

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to lawfully move abroad with a child, including what the courts will consider under a Removal from Jurisdiction application.

Schools Information Guides – For Schools only

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 30th May 2016

What is it? The Child Law Advice Service now offers a schools information service. For a small fee, this service provides school professionals with detailed information about their legal rights and duties. Our aims are: To ensure that school professionals are in full understanding of their legal duties  To ensure that school professionals are clear on how to implement these legal duties To ensure that school professionals are aware of the relevant law, guidance, advice and legislation to rely upon. Please note the below information pages are for school professionals only   What we offer  We provide advice and information…

Type of Family Law Orders

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 17th June 2019

Private Children Law Orders Type of order Description Application form Guidance form Costs Child Arrangements Order Section 8 Children Act 1989 A Child Arrangements Order decides the arrangements for whom a child is to live with, spend time with or otherwise have contact with and when a child is to live, spend time or otherwise have contact with any person. C100 CB1 £215 Child Arrangements Order (Consent Order) If an agreement can be reached regarding the arrangements for a whom a child is to live with and spend time with then a Consent Order can be applied for. Consent Orders…

Seeking costs in court

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 9th June 2016

This page explains the process of family mediation, when mediation is necessary and the expected standards of a family mediator.