Search Results for: form 79

Results 11 - 20 of 91 Page 2 of 10
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

Litigation Friends

Relevance: 76%      Posted on: 30th July 2018

Litigation friends are required when a person lacks capacity to participate in court proceedings. This information page will explain who can be a litigation friend, specifically which circumstances require a litigation friend to be appointed and how to apply to be a litigation friend.  Introduction An individual who is involved in court proceedings (a 'litigant') must have the capacity in order to conduct those proceedings. In other words, a litigant must be able to participate in the proceedings insofar as being capable to convey their position, complete paperwork and understand the decisions of the court.  Children under the age of…


Relevance: 75%      Posted on: 19th October 2017

This page provides advice on the law relating to surrogacy including the different types of surrogacy and who is regarded as the legal parent(s) of the child at the time of birth and for the future. 

Locating a child

Relevance: 74%      Posted on: 24th November 2015

This page provides information on how to make an application to locate a child whose whereabouts are unknown, and the powers of the court to disclose this information.

Alternatives to ending a marriage or civil partnership

Relevance: 73%      Posted on: 17th June 2016

This guide provides information on the alternatives to ending a marriage or civil partnership which are annulment and judicial separation. It explains the grounds and the process.

Type of Family Law Orders

Relevance: 64%      Posted on: 17th June 2019

Private Children Law Orders Type of order Description Application form Guidance form Costs Child Arrangements Order Section 8 Children Act 1989 A Child Arrangements Order decides the arrangements for whom a child is to live with, spend time with or otherwise have contact with and when a child is to live, spend time or otherwise have contact with any person. C100 CB1 £215 Child Arrangements Order (Consent Order) If an agreement can be reached regarding the arrangements for a whom a child is to live with and spend time with then a Consent Order can be applied for. Consent Orders…

Enforcement of an Order for contact or residence

Relevance: 61%      Posted on: 30th July 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to enforce a Child Arrangements Order, a Contact Order or a Residence Order if one party has acted in breach of its terms.

Email advice service

Relevance: 61%      Posted on: 6th February 2018

We provide an email advice service on education and family law. To use this service please use the relevant link below. Our email advice service is to provide clarifying questions or for initial legal advice. Unfortunately we are unable to assist with complex legal queries via our email advice service and would request that you contact us via our telephone advice line for complex queries.  If we do deem your email to be too complex, we will email you and request that you contact us via our advice line.  Email advice relating to education law   Email advice relating to family…

Contact with a child in care

Relevance: 60%      Posted on: 24th June 2015

This page explains the law surrounding contact with a child who is looked after, including how to apply for contact with a child in care and what the court will consider.

Parental responsibility

Relevance: 58%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you an unmarried father or step parent can take to get Parental Responsibility for a child including how to apply to remove Parental Responsibility.

Declaration of parentage

Relevance: 56%      Posted on: 27th May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to resolve a dispute about a child’s paternity including how to apply for a Declaration of Parentage stating who a child’s legal parents are.