Search Results for: court order

Results 11 - 20 of 148 Page 2 of 15
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

A sample Child Arrangements Order

Relevance: 88%      Posted on: 15th September 2015

This page has a sample of an order that can be issued setting out contact and living arrangements for children and an explanation of the contents and terminology used in an order.

Remote hearings in the family court – Covid-19

Relevance: 87%      Posted on: 2nd April 2020

Introduction The social distancing measures and the stay at home rules which have been implemented in response to the Covid-19 crisis pose a unique challenge to public services which traditionally operate on a face to face basis.  Nevertheless, Sir Andrew Mcfarlane (President of the Family Division) has made clear that the aim is to ''keep business going safely'' in national guidance published on the 19th March:  ''There is a strong public interest in the Family Justice System continuing to function as normally as possible despite the present pandemic. At the same time, in accordance with government guidance, there is a…

Special Guardianship Order

Relevance: 87%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to become a Special Guardian for a child as well as how to discharge or vary a Special Guardianship Order.

Complaints about a court or a judge

Relevance: 85%      Posted on: 18th September 2019

Complaints about a court We would firstly advise you to contact the court which you wish to make a complaint about, as they will be best placed to resolve your complaint. You should ask them how you can submit a complaint. Alternatively you can make an online complaint with the service Resolver. They will submit a complaint on your behalf and keep you updated on the process. Resolver is an independent service of HM Court and Tribunal Service. What can you complain about? The service you received at the court The way your case was handled by the administrative staff…

Locating a child

Relevance: 29%      Posted on: 24th November 2015

This page provides information on how to make an application to locate a child whose whereabouts are unknown, and the powers of the court to disclose this information.

Christmas Holidays FAQ

Relevance: 28%      Posted on: 14th December 2017

This page provides answers to FAQ's regarding Christmas Holidays and the family law issues which are particularly relevant at this time of the year.  Are the family courts closed over the Christmas holidays?  Crown Courts, County Courts and the Royal Courts of Justice will close over the Christmas period on: Wednesday 25 December 2019 Thursday 26 December 2019 Friday 27 December 2019 Wednesday 1 January 2020 Some emergency courts may operate over the holiday. See court and tribunal finder for details. In the case of there being no court order in place, what should the arrangements be for residence/contact over the Christmas…

Supervision orders

Relevance: 21%      Posted on: 2nd March 2018

This page provides information on the powers of the local authority to take action to protect a child under a Supervision Order. What is a Supervision Order? A Supervision Order imposes a duty on the local authority to ‘advise, assist and befriend’ the child. It may require a child to live in a specified place, do certain activities and report to a particular place at a set time. A supervision order can last for one year, and may be extended yearly to a total of three years. It will last until the child reaches the age of 18, unless discharged…

The role of Cafcass

Relevance: 21%      Posted on: 15th September 2015

This page explains the role of the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service in the court process, including the safeguarding checks that they carry out and explaining section 7 reports.

Consent Orders

Relevance: 20%      Posted on: 25th June 2018

This information page provides advice on the subject of 'consent orders' which are used in the family court as a means to formalise an agreement which has been reached. This page will explain in further detail what a consent order is, how to apply for a consent order and what to expect of the court process.  What is a Consent Order?  It is often the case that parents will reach an agreement regarding contact and residence. However, informal agreements are not automatically legally binding and therefore there are limited means of recourse if the opposing parent acts in breach of…

Testamentary Guardianship

Relevance: 19%      Posted on: 8th December 2016

This page explains how, in law, a person can be appointed to act as a guardian for a child in the event of a parent’s or a carer’s death.