Search Results for: responsibility

Results 1 - 10 of 93 Page 1 of 10
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

Parental responsibility

Relevance: 100%      Posted on: 27th May 2015

This page explains the law on parental responsibility, what this means in practice and how a person can acquire parental responsibility.

Dealing with Parental Responsibility disputes

Relevance: 93%      Posted on: 27th May 2016

Schools can sometimes find themselves in the middle of disputes between parents. This information page is to provide advice to schools on parental disputes and relevant court orders.

Dealing with Parental Responsibility disputes

Relevance: 92%      Posted on: 31st May 2016

Schools can sometimes find themselves in the middle of disputes between parents. This information page is to provide advice to schools on parental disputes and relevant court orders.

Parental responsibility

Relevance: 92%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you an unmarried father or step parent can take to get Parental Responsibility for a child including how to apply to remove Parental Responsibility.

Testamentary Guardianship

Relevance: 16%      Posted on: 8th December 2016

This page explains how, in law, a person can be appointed to act as a guardian for a child in the event of a parent’s or a carer’s death.

Marriage and Civil Partnership

Relevance: 12%      Posted on: 17th June 2016

This page explains the law on marriage and civil partnership. It provides information on the rights, responsibilities and obligations of parties to a marriage and civil partnership.

Changing a child’s surname

Relevance: 11%      Posted on: 29th January 2019

This information page will explain the process to change a child's name via deed poll. This includes the requirement to obtain consent and the options available if consent is not forthcoming.  What is a deed poll?  A deed poll is a legal document that proves a change of name. A person with parental responsibility for a child is able to change any part of that child's name. For example, a person with PR can change a child's forename, surname (or both), add names, remove names, and change the spelling of their name.  What is a "known as" name? It is…

Register and re-register a child’s birth

Relevance: 11%      Posted on: 14th August 2018

General Information Parents of a new-born child are legally required to register the child's birth in order to obtain a birth certificate and give him/her an official identity.  A child's birth must be registered within 42 days of his or her date of birth and the birth should be registered at the local register office for the area where the child was born.  Further information can be found here: Married parents Either parent can register the birth if they were married to each other at the time of the child's birth. The birth certificate will include both parent's details. …

How-to Guides

Relevance: 10%      Posted on: 1st October 2015

Appealing an Education Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational NeedsBullyingClaiming against disability discrimination in schoolsComplaints against children’s servicesComplaints to schoolsContactDeclaration of parentageEnforcement of an Order for contact or residenceSEN Needs Assessments & Education, Health and Care PlansParental responsibilityRemoval from JurisdictionResidenceSchool admission appealsSchool exclusionSpecial Guardianship OrderVariation and discharge of an order for contact or residenceIf you have any issues accessing your How to Guide following purchase, then please contact the team - who will be able to assist you. 

Care orders

Relevance: 10%      Posted on: 1st March 2018

This page provides information on the powers of the local authority to take action to protect a child who is suffering harm or at risk of suffering harm. This page focuses on the Care Orders and their implications. What is a care order? Where a child is made subject to a Care Order, the Local Authority is given Parental Responsibility and will share it with current Parental Responsibility holders, for example, the child's parents. However, the Local Authority can exercise their Parental Responsibility above that of current Parental Responsibility holders insofar as necessary to safeguard the welfare of a child. …