Search Results for: parental responsibility

Results 11 - 20 of 102 Page 2 of 11
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

How-to Guides

Relevance: 10%      Posted on: 1st October 2015

Appealing an Education Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational NeedsBullyingClaiming against disability discrimination in schoolsComplaints against children’s servicesComplaints to schoolsContactDeclaration of parentageEnforcement of an Order for contact or residenceSEN Needs Assessments & Education, Health and Care PlansParental responsibilityRemoval from JurisdictionResidenceSchool admission appealsSchool exclusionSpecial Guardianship OrderVariation and discharge of an order for contact or residenceIf you have any issues accessing your How to Guide following purchase, then please contact the team - who will be able to assist you. 

Supervision orders

Relevance: 10%      Posted on: 2nd March 2018

This page provides information on the powers of the local authority to take action to protect a child under a Supervision Order. What is a Supervision Order? A Supervision Order imposes a duty on the local authority to ‘advise, assist and befriend’ the child. It may require a child to live in a specified place, do certain activities and report to a particular place at a set time. A supervision order can last for one year, and may be extended yearly to a total of three years. It will last until the child reaches the age of 18, unless discharged…

Raising and caring for young people

Relevance: 10%      Posted on: 1st December 2015

Adoption Family and friends care Homelessness (16/17 year olds) Locating a child Parental Responsibility Private fostering Residence Section 20 Accommodation Special Guardianship Surrogacy Testamentary Guardianship Wardship Young carers

Access to information

Relevance: 9%      Posted on: 10th July 2017

This page provides information on the right of access to information about a child in relation to their education records, medical records and children's services records. 

Private fostering

Relevance: 9%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This page explains the law relating to the situation whereby a child goes to live with a person who is not their parent or a ‘connected person’. It explains the duties of the local authority to assess the suitability of the prospective private foster carer and provide support where necessary.

Police powers of protection & Emergency protection orders

Relevance: 9%      Posted on: 8th March 2018

This information page will set out the law surrounding Police protection and Emergency Protection Orders which are options available to use in an emergency when a child is at risk of imminent harm. Please see the table below to find out further information.  Police protection powers/Emergency protection orders  The table below is divided into two columns - Police protection powers and Emergency protection orders. The table includes the following information: Definition Legislative context Timescales Who is able to apply? What are the effects of such powers/orders? What are the duties on the responsible authority?  Police protection powers Emergency protection orders…


Relevance: 9%      Posted on: 4th October 2015

Parental disputes Abduction Access to information Adoption (non-agency) Advocacy Child abuse Contact Domestic abuse Family mediation Legal aid for family law matters Legal aid if you have been a victim of domestic abuse Legal aid if your child is at risk of abuse Locating a child Parental responsibility Residence Special guardianship Travel and Relocation Testamentary guardianship Wardship Raising and caring for young people  Adoption Family and friends care Homelessness (16/17 year olds) Locating a child Parental Responsibility Private fostering Residence Section 20 Accommodation Special Guardianship Surrogacy Testamentary Guardianship Wardship Young carers Duties of Children’s Services   Advocacy Care orders Child abuse Child…

Declaration of parentage

Relevance: 8%      Posted on: 27th May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to resolve a dispute about a child’s paternity including how to apply for a Declaration of Parentage stating who a child’s legal parents are.

Travel and Relocation

Relevance: 8%      Posted on: 8th June 2018

This information page provides information on domestic & international travel and relocation. It will provide advice on the circumstances which require consent to be provided in order to travel domestically or internationally with a child and the options available if consent is not provided. Introduction NOTE: This information page provides the general legal position. There are circumstances in which a court order has terms included which are specific to the case in question and contradict the general legal position explained below. Therefore, consult the court order first (if there is a court order in place) as this will take precedence. …


Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 19th October 2017

This page provides advice on the law relating to surrogacy including the different types of surrogacy and who is regarded as the legal parent(s) of the child at the time of birth and for the future.