Search Results for: consent

Results 11 - 20 of 74 Page 2 of 8
Results per-page: 10 | 20 | 50 | 100

Declaration of parentage

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 27th May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to resolve a dispute about a child’s paternity including how to apply for a Declaration of Parentage stating who a child’s legal parents are.

Alternatives to ending a marriage or civil partnership

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 17th June 2016

This guide provides information on the alternatives to ending a marriage or civil partnership which are annulment and judicial separation. It explains the grounds and the process.

Marriage and Civil Partnership

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 17th June 2016

This page explains the law on marriage and civil partnership. It provides information on the rights, responsibilities and obligations of parties to a marriage and civil partnership.

Register and re-register a child’s birth

Relevance: 7%      Posted on: 14th August 2018

General Information Parents of a new-born child are legally required to register the child's birth in order to obtain a birth certificate and give him/her an official identity.  A child's birth must be registered within 42 days of his or her date of birth and the birth should be registered at the local register office for the area where the child was born.  Further information can be found here: Married parents Either parent can register the birth if they were married to each other at the time of the child's birth. The birth certificate will include both parent's details. …


Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This page explains the situation where the High Court can become a legal guardian for a child under the power of Wardship.

Litigation Friends

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 30th July 2018

Litigation friends are required when a person lacks capacity to participate in court proceedings. This information page will explain who can be a litigation friend, specifically which circumstances require a litigation friend to be appointed and how to apply to be a litigation friend.  Introduction An individual who is involved in court proceedings (a 'litigant') must have the capacity in order to conduct those proceedings. In other words, a litigant must be able to participate in the proceedings insofar as being capable to convey their position, complete paperwork and understand the decisions of the court.  Children under the age of…

Removal from Jurisdiction

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 22nd May 2015

This how to guide explains the steps that you can take to lawfully move abroad with a child, including what the courts will consider under a Removal from Jurisdiction application.

Adoption (non-agency)

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 17th August 2018

This page explains the legal process of non-agency adoption which involves placements that have not been arranged by a local authority or registered adoption agency. It explains who can adopt a child, what is process in order to apply for non-agency adoption and post-adoption contact.  What is non-agency adoption Non-agency adoption is the name given to adoption applications which involve a child who has not been placed with the prospective adopter by an adoption agency.  The principal categories of non-agency adoption are: Step-parent adoption (application by the partner of the parent of a child) Applications by local authority foster carers Applications…

Direction off-site for the improvement of behaviour

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 13th June 2019

This page outlines the power a school has to direct a pupil off-site to receive alternative educational provision in order to improve their behaviour.  Introduction  Section 29A Education Act 2002 is the relevant legislation in this area and this states the following:  “The governing body of a maintained school in England may require any registered pupil to attend at any place outside the school premises for the purpose of receiving educational provision which is intended to improve the behaviour of the pupil.” The legislation above does reference maintained schools and not academies. However, academies do have the power to direct…

Privacy Notice

Relevance: 6%      Posted on: 24th May 2018

Introduction This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information The Child Law Advice Service collects, why we collect it, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how long we keep it for, how we keep it secure, and what your rights are in relation to your information. Any questions regarding this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to or by writing to CLAS Manager, CCLC, Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3DA.  Who we are The Child Law Advice Service provides legal advice and…